Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Trimming data and statistics

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Trimming data and statistics
Date   Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:16:19 +0100 (BST)

I am one observation, and I have no problem considering myself the centre of (my) universe.
Similarly, Stata has no problem considering a single observation the middle observation of that

--- Akihito Tokuhara <> wrote:

> By the way, I notice that once in a while a subset of data has only one
> observation, and yet
> Stata also calculates the median. Just being curious, but how does Stata
> calculate this ?

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting adress:

+31 20 5986715

NEW - Yahoo! 360  Your one place to blog, create, publish and share!