re: st: Graphic colour matrix

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: st: Graphic colour matrix
Date   Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:47:40 -0500

Dear Listers,

Has anyone seen the following graphic in Stata--it is quite common outside Stata.
Consider a list of variable, varlist say, and we have a variable that takes on a
single value for each pair of variables--such as a correlation, for example.

I would like to depict this relationship graphically by using a matrix where the
(i,j)th component will depict the relationship between variables i and j.
This relationship will be denoted by a solid colour block, where the colour
is determined by some scale--possibly the spectrum with the blue end
depicting high negative correlations, to continue the correlation example,
and the red end depicting high positive correlations, with a blank denoting
zero or missing or not significant, or what have you.

Anyone programmed this?

Thanks,

m.p.

Check out pwld by David Clayton. It has this option (graph) so maybe you can scavenge his code.

-Dave
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/