st: what type of analysis for this fMRI issue

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: what type of analysis for this fMRI issue
Date   Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:05:39 -0400

Dear all:

I am working on my first functional magnetic resonance imaging project. An fMRI is being performed on each of about 50 traumatically brain injured (TBI) subjects. A number of analyses are planned and I am not clear regarding one.

For this analysis, the outcome is a score for the person on a memory test after they have had some memory training. The two prime predictors are the pretest on the same test and percent-fMRI-signal-change. The complication is that the percent-fMRI-signal-change is measured for each of, say, 30,000 voxels in the brain -- clearly, the test scores do not change for each voxel. Thus, we have

posttest=f(pretest, %change)

for each of 30,000 voxels. Clearly these 30,000 models are related to each other (since the posttest and pretest do not change).

My question: is there a "correct" model for this situation and, if yes, what is it and what command covers it?

Thanks,

Rich

*
* For searches and help try: