Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: parameter handover in .ado file

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: parameter handover in .ado file
Date   Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:19:39 +0100

This is documented in [U].

Consider the simplest kind of case:

program myprog
	args a b c

myprog 1 2 3

will result in 1 being mapped to `a', 2 to `b', 3 to `c'.

However, any program you want to have -if- functionality
should be set up using -syntax-. It's not impossible
otherwise, but you'd be ill-advised to do it otherwise.

Steffen Groening