st: RE: Generating predicted values for OLS with transformed dependent variables

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Generating predicted values for OLS with transformed dependent variables
Date   Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:55:50 +0100

Your references are both incomplete and in any
case not necessarily accessible to me.

However, the basic issues here apply to any
nonlinear transformation, so double root
would be included.

An easier way to tackle these problems, and
one consistently overlooked by many users
of statistics, is to use generalized linear
models. So for example, use -glm- with power
link and the error family of choice, presumably
Gaussian.

Daniel Schneider