st: Statistical Classics Archive: Stata 1.0 Manual

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Statistical Classics Archive: Stata 1.0 Manual
Date   Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:47:33 -0700

Greetings
  The first version of Stata was released in January of 1985. Have you
ever wished to see what that reference manual looked like? Well, thanks
to the kind folks at StataCorp, they have scanned the reference manual
and kindly given us permission to post it on our web site so you can
take a visit to the past and see the original Stata 1.0 manual. It is
amazing to see the seeds of the current version of Stata that were
planted in that manual. You can see a picture of the original Stata 1.0
manual and view a scanned .pdf version of the documentation by visiting

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sca/

  We thank the kind people of StataCorp for scanning this and giving us
permission to share it with you from our web site. For more about the
history of Stata, we recommend seeing
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/history.html .

I hope you enjoy this visit to the past!

Michael Mitchell
UCLA ATS Statistical Consulting Group
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/