Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Ordered Probit with Panel Data [reoprob]

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Ordered Probit with Panel Data [reoprob]
Date   Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:00:18 -0500

At 09:50 AM 4/11/2006, ALICE DOBSON wrote:
HI all,
I use Stata 9.1. I apologise for repeating this question in case someone already addressed the same and I missed it. I had earlier posted this question on Mar 29, 06.

I ran an oprobit with a panel data and got the estimates. Of course, the regression model does not consider the panel nature of the data. But, when I am running an reoprob with exactly the same variables I get the following message.

conformability error
Alice, perhaps you could show us the exact command you gave? My wild guess is that either (a) you've got a syntax error, or (b) there is some sort of multicollinearity problem. But, it is hard to say without more details.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu