Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: coefficients in factor analysis

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <>
Subject   Re: st: coefficients in factor analysis
Date   Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:35:24 -0500

I did a review of a bunch of multivariate books for multivariate
classes to be taught at our department; see,
or if it does not come out, type "multivariate" in search
bar, it should give a reference to the Listmania! list. Tabachnik and
Fidell is comprehensive, but not very deep; I think there are much
better books there, but I am viewing them as a statistician, not as a

On 4/6/06, <> wrote:
> In addition to the text books found in the reference section of
> the "[MV] factor" manual entry, you might find the chapter on
> factor analysis from
>   Tabachnick, Barbara G. and Linda S. Fidell.  2007.  "Using
>       Multivariate Statistics, 5ed".  Boston:Allyn and Bacon.
> more approachable than some of the more mathematically complete
> references that are available.  If you can't find the 5th
> edition, which just came out, earlier editions will be adequate
> for learning the basics.  A downside of the book is that they use
> a couple of other packages instead of Stata for showing their
> examples.

Stas Kolenikov