[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
st: Suggestions for Stata
Although I'm sure the more sophisticated users don't have these issues
(and fixes may exist I haven't found), as one who moves across packages,
it would help me if:
1. Stata made full variable names available for the output of all
2. Stata made missing data consistently treated as missing, not just as
a big number in logical statements.
3. Stata used the same single = sign for both assignment and logical
4. Stata offered more flexible table output. My journals want
coefficients, stars for significance level, and standard errors in
parentheses under the coefficients. It would be nice to have a simple
way to do this. Allowing users to set up a template might be helpful.
5. Color codes in editors are nice even for experienced users. For
example, in SAS some errors jump out because the colors go wrong -- a
forgotten end of comment makes everything below a comment color, etc.
University of California, Irvine
* For searches and help try: