Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Change value labels to lowercase

From   Friedrich Huebler <>
Subject   st: Change value labels to lowercase
Date   Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:51:11 -0700 (PDT)

I want to change the value labels in my data from uppercase to
lowercase. Assume I have data like this:

variable     value
name         label
var020       VAR020
var023       VAR023
var024       VAR024

Variable names are all lowercase. Value labels are the same as the
variable names but are all uppercase. How can I loop through all
variables, identify those that have a value label, and change that
value lable to lowercase?

Friedrich Huebler

Do You Yahoo!?