Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: IVregression

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: IVregression
Date   Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:02:50 -0400

That is correct, I suppose, in the sense that every excluded
instrument is used to form the linear projection, but you will
certainly want to use ivreg2 (type -ssc install ivreg2- to get it) and
check that you do not have "weak instruments."  Even if you pass the
Stock & Yogo test, I would be suspicious that your equation is
underidentified, and you might also have a hard time convincing anyone
that the lag of Z and powers thereof do not affect Y (except through
the effect on current Z) but the current values do. Depends on your
model, I suppose.