Re: st: -xmlsave- to Excel (for Mac?)

From   Ronnie Babigumira <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -xmlsave- to Excel (for Mac?)
Date   Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:25:33 +0200

Hmm... works for me. Actually simply double clicking the file opened it in excel (with text files I would have to open it from within excel).

Windows xp pro, MS Office 2003, stata 9.1

-------

. input a b c

a b c
1. 1 2 3
2. 4 5 6
3. 8 6 2
4. end

. li

+-----------+
| a b c |
|-----------|
1. | 1 2 3 |
2. | 4 5 6 |
3. | 8 6 2 |
+-----------+

. xmlsave gofigure, doc(excel)
file gofigure.xml saved

[email protected] wrote:

Hello All,
I am using S/E 9.1 for Macintosh.
Perhaps I am missing something woefully obvious, but shouldn't the use of
-xmlsave- create a file that is readable by Excel??  As I understand the
help file, the following syntax ought to create a file (generic
spreadsheet) that Excel can read:

xmlsave gofigure, doc(excel)

After gofigure.xml is created, the file can be opened w/ a text editor,
albeit not w/ MS Excel.  Could this be because I'm using a Mac??  Note
that the text file for gofigure.xml does not present the file in what i
would consider the "expected" format, i.e. variable names on the top line
followed by the data...

many thanks in advance!
--Clint