From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Show formats in -display-?
Date   Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:51:59 -0400

Please try the built-in help before asking the list. -help display- will show you how to specify formats

----- Original Message ----- From: "Danielle H. Ferry" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 2:40 PM
Subject: st: Show formats in -display-?

I have a variable, time, which is formatted as %tm. I want to find the most
recent date for which I have data, save that date in a local macro, and
display that time before I do some stuff. However, if I say something this:

di "`maxTime'"

... then I see the Stata elapsed time rather than something like 2006m1. How
can I make it show the formatted time?

Danielle Ferry

National Bureau of Economic Research <>