Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: frequency matching in case-control study

From   "Raoul C Reulen" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: frequency matching in case-control study
Date   Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:36:54 +0100

If I would conduct a case-control study and would want to frequency match cases and controls, what STATA command would I have to use? Can I simply include a variable that presents the group id (1=males age 50, 2=males age 60, 3=female age 50 etc.) and use .logit? Or should I use .clogit? My understanding is that the command .clogit is used for individual matched case-control data. Thanks.