st: RE: error message in xtabond2

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: error message in xtabond2
Date   Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:38:30 +0100

This is really a question for the program author,
David Roodman. It appears that he is not currently
a member of Statalist, so I recommend emailing him
at the address given in the help file.

Despite what you say, I consider it more likely that your
error message was

variable __000007 not found

with two leading underscores. Variable names
in Stata may not begin with numeric characters.
On the other hand, temporary variable names
do begin with double underscores.

To quote the Statalist FAQ:

"Before posting, consider other ways of finding information:

[...]

the authors of user-written ado-files (who usually have email
addresses, but are not always members of Statalist)"

"Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed
(or did) in response. N.B. exactly!"

Vivian Sibbaluca