st: RE: weighting item specific (CPI) histograms

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: weighting item specific (CPI) histograms
Date   Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:45:48 +0100

You don't explain CPI. I guess consumer price index.
As I understand it, despite a multiplicity of details,
such indexes are just weighted
combinations of a bundle of price variables. Stata
is well up to that, probably using -generate- and possibly
-replace-.

I am puzzled by this question and am probably missing
something. It seems to me that you should just do
the calculations first and then produce the histogram
you want. The weights possibilities for histogram, or
any other kind of Stata graph, are not really intended for
elaborate calculations on the fly.

Samu Kurri