st: ivreset

From   Arne Risa Hole <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ivreset
Date   16 Mar 2006 19:10:13 +0000

Dear Statalisters

I am using ivreset to do a Pesaran-Taylor Reset test after ivreg2. However, I am not able to replicate the result from ivreset manually. For example:

use http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/data/hayashi/griliches76.dta reg iq s expr tenure rns smsa med kww predict double iq_hat reg lw iq_hat s expr tenure rns smsa predict double lw_hat gen double lw_hat2 = lw_hat^2
ivreg2 lw s expr tenure rns smsa lw_hat2 (iq=med kww) test lw_hat2

results in a slightly different chi2 statistic than:

ivreg2 lw s expr tenure rns smsa (iq=med kww)
ivreset

There's probably something wrong with my code but I can't seem to figure out the problem. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Arne

Arne Risa Hole
Research Fellow