Re: Re: st: Problem with -graph use- and earlier graph versions

From   "Clyde Schechter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: Problem with -graph use- and earlier graph versions
Date   Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:58:18 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to Clive Nichols for his suggestion from a few days ago and my
apologies for not responding sooner. (I've been on the road and had
unexpected difficulties with internet access.)

I tried all the currently available schemes in a -graph use oldgraph,
scheme(...)- command and observed that:

sj, s2mono (the "base scheme" for sj), and s2manual all fail to
distinguish the different line graphs.

s2gmanual produces a stranger result:  there are three curves on the graph
and it distinguishes one from the other two, but uses the same line style
for the second and third dependent variables.

The s1* schemes all work correctly, as does s2color.

I didn't try the economist scheme, as I never really use it.

I'm not sure what all of this means.  The phenomenon is pervasive: it
happens with every multi-curve line graph I've tried that I originally
created under version 8.1.  And it occurs on both my laptop and my desktop
machines.  (Both running Windows XP and the most recent updates of Stata
version 9.1)

Clyde Schechter
Dept. of Family & Social Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine