st: New NetCourse on Time-Series Analysis

From   "Brian P. Poi" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: New NetCourse on Time-Series Analysis
Date   Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:30:59 -0600 (CST)

We are pleased to announce our newest NetCourse, Introduction to
Univariate Time Series Using Stata. The course will appeal to a broad
range of users, including economists, forecasters, business analysts,
and anyone who encounters time-series data.

The course is organized like our other NetCourses. There will be a
lecture posted to the course web site each Friday, along with a set of
questions that review the material. Answers to the questions will be
posted a week later. Students will also have access to a discussion
board where they can post questions and interact with the course leader
and other students.

The course consists of five lectures and covers topics such as using
time-series data in Stata, moving averages and exponential smoothers,
ARMA processes, the autocorrelation and partial autocorrelation
functions, ARIMA and ARMAX models, regression analysis, unit roots, and
ARCH models. The optional fifth lecture introduces Stata's multivariate
time-series features.

What:            NC 461 - Introduction to Univariate Time Series Using Stata

When:            June 16, 2006, through August 4, 2006
                 (Lectures are posted on Fridays.  There is a 1-week
                  break between lectures 3 and 4.)

Course leader:   Brian Poi, Senior Economist, StataCorp

Cost:            $295

For more information and to enroll, visit
http://www.stata.com/netcourse/nc461.html

  -- Brian Poi
  -- [email protected]