Re:st: question about svy commands

From   David Kantor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re:st: question about svy commands
Date   Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:40:04 -0500

Nick cox replied, in response to questions from Anant Thaker:

At 06:13 AM 3/7/2006, you wrote:
-egen- always follows a syntax

egen newvar = fcn() ...

and I am not aware of a -egen- function -svymean()-.

[...]
I would add, at the risk of stating the obvious, that there is a -svymean- command in standard Stata. It has nothing to do with -egen-.

Also, if you want a weighted mean in an -egen- context, try the _gwtmean package from SSC:
ssc desc _gwtmean
ssc install _gwtmean

But, I can say whether any of this is useful for the problem at hand.

-- David Kantor

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/