Re: st: error message in mixed models stata 9

From   [email protected] (Roberto G. Gutierrez, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: error message in mixed models stata 9
Date   Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:41:36 -0600

Herman van de Werfhorst <[email protected]> asks:

> if I want to run a random intercept mixed model (multilevel model) with the
> following form, I get an error message which I don't understand:

> . xtmixed y i1 i2 g3 g4 || groupvar:
>                  <istmt>:  3499  _xtm_setup() not found

> where i1 and i2 are individual level variables, and g3 and g4 variables
> measured at the higher level in which individuals are nested (at the level
> of the variable groupvar).

> Does anyone know what "<istmt>:  3499 _xtm_setup() not found" means? I have
> updated my stata 9 very recently.

Such errors are almost uniformly caused by one's ado files not being in sync
with one's executable.  In any case, if Herman wishes to email me privately
with some more information (such as the about of -update query-) then I'd be
glad to look further into it.

--Bobby