Re: st: Re: calculating inverse mills ratios from a multiplelogit.

From   "Srini Sankaraguruswamy" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: calculating inverse mills ratios from a multiplelogit.
Date   Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:58:13 -0500

hi rafa
thank you very much for your help. i will try this today.
is it ok if i bother you if i get stuck.
i am a stata newbie.
thanks once again
srini

>>> [email protected] 02/15/06 6:33 AM >>>
Srini,

Since the residuals in the logistic regression are i.i.d. with extreme value
distribution, to get the inverse of the mills ratio from the conditional
probability of a multinomial logit you will have to make a normal
transformation of it. You can read all about this procedure in Lee (1983)
Econometrica.

There is a Stata command that handles this:

http://www.delta.ens.fr/gurgand/selmlog12.htm

And the survey version of it is available from the SSC archives:

ssc install svyselmlog

I hope this helps,
Rafa