st: residuals for GEE

From   <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: residuals for GEE
Date   Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:48:02 -0500

Dear All,
         Please forgive my ignorance if this question is nonsense.
I'm trying to fit a GEE model to a panel data collected at 3 points in time. My outcome variable is continuous and I'm considering the family of distribution as gamma with log link and unstructured correlation structure.

Although the help menu for postestimation for xtgee tells me that the predict command can be used to predict residuals, stata gives me an error:

.predict r, residuals
option residuals not allowed

Does stata allow residuals for xtgee?

Also, is there any goodness of fit statistics for xtgee: AIC or BIC ?. How would one check whether the  model fits the data well? (other than comparing the estimated correlation matrix to the actual and looking at the predicted values )

I'm using version 8.2

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Leny