st: non-parametric tests

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: non-parametric tests
Date   Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:55:35 +0100 (CET)

We ran an experiment with 24 subjects for each treatment. They had to
choose how to invest their initial endowment. They had the opportunity to
invest this sum both in a public good and in a private good. We ran
different treatments where the game was repeated for 8 periods. If I want
to compare the average contribution to the public good in two different
treatments, is the Mann-Whitney test suitable (we have different players
in each treatment)? Should the Jonckheere test provide a better
performance? Thank you. Stefania