Re: st: Stata drops variables in the dataset

From (Alan Riley)
Subject   Re: st: Stata drops variables in the dataset
Date   Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:57:38 -0600

Can Huang ( wrote
> I can not find the answer to the problem of "Stata drops variables in the
> dataset" in the on-line resources. Maybe it is too basic to you fellow
> members. I find it is different from "Why do estimation commands sometimes
> drop variables?" in
> I run a estimation command with some different options. After the first time
> of running the command, Stata randomly drops variable in the dataset. I then
> have to exit and re-enter to run the command again. An example is below. It
> happens frequently.

We have not seen this problem in an official copy of Stata.  Can
should contact Stata Technical Services at
and include the output demonstrating the problem and the output of
Stata's -about- command.