st: thanks / a new question - heterogeneity test

From   Andrei Malinovschi <>
Subject   st: thanks / a new question - heterogeneity test
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:17:25 -0800 (PST)

Dear statalisters,

I would like to start by thanking you for the quick
answer - special thanks to Maarten Buis, Neil
Shephard, Roger Newson and Hervé Stolowy. I got both
the answer + further ideas how to improve the process
/ my analysis.

I have now another problem when doing a metaanalysis
and running the meta command. I am interested in the
random pooled estimate (95% CI) and heterogeneity test
(Q and p-value). I have found that the random effect
(95%CI) is stored in the global macros S_1, S_3, S_4,
but I cannot find where Q and the p-value for
heterogeneity test are stored. Any suggestions or
another way to retrieve them?

A possible solution that I was thinking about and it
is probably too complicated would be to calculate Q
(from the mathematical formula) and then use heterogi
to get both the p-value for heterogeneity test and
even I^2 that is not given by meta command.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,