Re: st: thanks / a new question - heterogeneity test

From   Nicola Orsini <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: thanks / a new question - heterogeneity test
Date   Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:31:12 +0100

Hi Andrei,

you can get the Q statistic, its p-value and the I2 statistic in different ways:

1) Use -metan- instead of -meta- command

The Q-test is stored in r(het)
The p-value is stored in r(p_het)

2) Use -metareg- instead of -meta- command

The Q-test is stored in e(Q)
The degrees of freedom of Q is stored in e(df_Q)

Then, you can easily calculate the p-value by yourself
scalar p_het = chiprob(e(df_Q), e(Q))

Nicola

Andrei Malinovschi wrote:

Dear statalisters,

I would like to start by thanking you for the quick
answer - special thanks to Maarten Buis, Neil
Shephard, Roger Newson and Herv� Stolowy. I got both
the answer + further ideas how to improve the process
/ my analysis.

I have now another problem when doing a metaanalysis
and running the meta command. I am interested in the
random pooled estimate (95% CI) and heterogeneity test
(Q and p-value). I have found that the random effect
(95%CI) is stored in the global macros S_1, S_3, S_4,
but I cannot find where Q and the p-value for
heterogeneity test are stored. Any suggestions or
another way to retrieve them?

A possible solution that I was thinking about and it
is probably too complicated would be to calculate Q
(from the mathematical formula) and then use heterogi
to get both the p-value for heterogeneity test and
even I^2 that is not given by meta command.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Andrei

* For searches and help try: