st: time series panel regression with weights - any one know?

From   Raphael Schoenle <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: time series panel regression with weights - any one know?
Date   Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:00:13 -0500

Hello,

I am wondering how to properly run a time series regression with weights in STATA.

I have a balanced panel of industry averages in three years. Each industry has a changing weight associated with it that reflects its size and is important in my model.

xtreg does not have a weight option, and I am not sure if areg is not outdated (or if i need RE which i can only find out from a hausman test). also, because the weights are not constant, i dont think i can use any other xt command.

My question is: Can I multiply the weights into the variables and then use xtreg?

(I unfortunately can't run regressions for each industry and then average because I don't have the appropriate data).

Best,

Raphael

*
* For searches and help try: