st: GINI Inequality Index Question

From   Di Han <>
Subject   st: GINI Inequality Index Question
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:50:55 +0100

I have a problem regarding Gini Coefficient. I have data like this
region              population   income(total)     income source1    income source2
Beijing                1072         2000               1500              500

I want to calculate the Gini coefficient weighted by population. And I want to decompose the contribution of each resource to the Gini Coefficient. So which ado file I shoule use in STATA and how about the command?
I used inequal, and used command "inequal income(total)", but it seems that it just calculated the gini index and did not take the population into consideration. So could you help me?
Thanks very much!!
Di Han