st: St: a bug in stphplot?

From   "Plummer, Dale" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: St: a bug in stphplot?
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:56:52 -0600

We have found what looks like a bug in stphplot.  If value labels are
defined
that contain an equal sign then the label is truncated at the equal sign
when the
label is used in the legend produced by stphplot.

*-------------------------------------
*
*  Execute this code to illustrate the problem.
*  You need Internet access to get the data set.
*
pause on
webuse ctset2
stset failtime, fail(fail)

stphplot, by(bearings)
pause
*
*  now define a label for bearings...
*
label define blbl 0 "abnormal no" 1 "abnormal yes"
label values bearings blbl
*
*  ...and the graph produced by stphplot looks fine
*
stphplot, by(bearings)
pause
*
*  But if we put an equal sign in the label then the
*  label is truncated in the legend
*
label define blbl 0 "abnormal=no" 1 "abnormal=yes", modify
stphplot, by(bearings)
pause

The "=no" and "=yes" do not appear in the plot
legend.

Have I overlooked something?

Thanks,

Dale Plummer