st: RE: estout limit

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: estout limit
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:36:43 -0000

Ben Jann is clearly the expert, and may be
about to reply, but I think
you are looking in the wrong direction
on at least three fronts.

There is no way that -help limits- will
tell you about any limits to user-written programs.

On the whole, if a well-written program, like -estout-, has
intentional limits you tend to get thrown out and
told about them.

A problem elsewhere usually arises indirectly and
is very difficult to decode without any specification
of exactly what you typed, as advised often and often
on this list.

Radu Ban