Re: st: time-effect in manova (anova with repeated measures )

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: time-effect in manova (anova with repeated measures )
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:56:32 -0600

.

I think somewhere in the manuals, maybe in the ANOVA sections, we are warned that just because Stata can handle unbalanced designs doesn't mean the results are OK. The flexibility offered comes at the price of more responsibility from us.

I have a very unbalanced design. To be more precise than in my previous
email where I "combined information", I have following n- distribution: 1.
Cohort with 4 groups: 21, 14, 35, 17; total 87 and 2. Cohort with 3 groups:
35, 21, 19; total 75; cohorts are analysed seperately.
In the Stata-Manual I found following information:
> manova fits multivariate analysis-of-variance (MANOVA) and multivariate
analysis-of-covariance (MANCOVA) models for balanced and unbalanced
designs...

I therefore decided not to do any adjustment. Please, correct me if this was
wrong!

Thanks again for your help!
Maren