RE: st: Standardized Response Mean. Does Stata calculate this?

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Standardized Response Mean. Does Stata calculate this?
Date   Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:13:59 -0500

Given the name (ES-II), it sounds like an effect size of some sort.

That would suggest that it is NOT the t-test from the difference of means (that is the difference divided by the standard error of the difference), but rather the difference of means divided by the standard *deviation* of the difference. That latter is derivable from the results of t-test; I don't know if anyone has packaged it.

I share Nick C's amusement, though. I suppose as long as many asterisks are attached to the relevant number, people downstream will probably be satisfied.

--Nick Winter