RE: st: Standardized Response Mean. Does Stata calculate this?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Standardized Response Mean. Does Stata calculate this?
Date   Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:07:19 -0000

This is very intriguing as a little piece of
scientific sociology. If neither the client
nor the analyst is clear what is meant, why
not provide what seems sensible given the
problem and the data? Is anyone downstream
going to object that you provided the wrong answer?

Donald Spady

> I am unsure if that is what is meant by a Standardized
> Response Mean.  I hate to show my ignorance about this
> but I am flying in the dark and the person who asked me
> about it wasn't all that clear either.

Alan Neustadtl

> Isn't this simply the t-statistic from a difference of means test?  If
> so, -help ttest- should get you going.

Donald Spady