st: summary statistics within stset

From   Scott Cunningham <>
Subject   st: summary statistics within stset
Date   Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:01:03 -0500

I've stset my data, and want to find summary statistics by group. Because I don't want to overcount some observations simply because they longer survival times, I am having trouble finding appropriate summary statistics. For instance, I have approximately 5000 groups, but after stsetting the data, it has grown to roughly 40,000 observations (though still composed of those same 5000 groups). Is there a way to tell Stata to calculate summary statistics over just those 5000 groups? *
* For searches and help try: