st: how to pool prevalences

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to pool prevalences
Date   Fri, 04 Nov 2005 09:34:24 +0000

dear listers,

my apology first if this appear as a 2nd post. i originally sent this out yesterday but for some reasons failed to appear on the list, at least not when i checked it.

i want to perform meta-analysis of prevalence studies, weighted according to size. data available are prevalences and their respective confidence intervals as well as their population sizes. as a stata user (v. 8 updated, wxp platform) my first thought was to search for user written code ala metaaggr but could not seem to locate one in the stata domain (could be due to wrong search strings i suppose).

i therefore would appreciate if someone could point me to:

1. stata user written code (do-file) if there's one, failing that,

2. pointers to reference(s) for undertaking prevalence meta-analysis, and weightings

many thanks for all your inputs

kind regards,
bw

Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/