st: Psmatch2-Necessary to upgrade to Stata 9

From   "Thomson W. McFarland" <>
Subject   st: Psmatch2-Necessary to upgrade to Stata 9
Date   Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:34:05 -0700

I am but a lowly graduate student, so I have not yet been able to scrape
together the funds to upgrade to Stata 9.  I am trying to replicate some work
that employed propensity score matching.  However, when I downloaded psmatch2,
I cannot run it because the version available for download is updated for Stata
9.  What are my options?  I am aware of other user-written programs for
matching, but I have reason to believe that the analysis I am trying to
replicate was done using psmatch2.  Sorry if this an elementary question.

Thomson W. McFarland
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Political Science
University of Colorado
Ketchum 130