RE: st: Re: Finding "near"-matches

From   "Svend Juul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: Finding "near"-matches
Date   Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:09:21 +0100

Nick Cox, Michael Blasnik, and Frank de Libero wrote among other things:

Nick Cox wrote:
No; your memory is correct.
. ssc desc _gsoundex
reveals your soundex program.

Frank de Libero wrote:
>> Is this it?
>> *! soundex algorithm - vers 2.1 by M Blasnik 11oct2001
>> *! syntax: egen newvar=soundex(oldvar), [Length(int 4)]

--------------------------------------

I need the function and succeeded in downloading it following
Nick's instruction. I did not, however, find any help file.
Michael: Could you provide one. It looks extremely useful.

Best,
Svend

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6