st: Re: r(603) error

Subject   st: Re: r(603) error
Date   Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:55:02 -0400

I'd see if the file name were legal and you had write access to the directory. Have you checked to make sure your operating system allows an equals sign in a file name?

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gregory M. Kreischer" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:23 PM
Subject: st: r(603) error

I have been having trouble with one particular command of a do-file which
simply has me miffed. The line "save
"`output'/`country'`congress'novotes=naysfinal.dta", replace" simply
attempts to save a file into a folder that I created. Stata stops at this
point and returns the r(603) error, saying that the file cannot be opened.
This makes even less sense because I have another do-file that is almost
identical that has no problem with the same line (the only difference
being the name of the file). None of the help so far has been useful.