RE: st: Residual and influence diagnostics for conditional logistic regression

From   "Dupont, William" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Residual and influence diagnostics for conditional logistic regression
Date   Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:45:26 -0500

Nick

I am a little confused as to who can and should do what.  Perhaps I am
using "keyword" incorrectly.  However, it is currently possible to use
-findit- to find user-written programs that have not been published in
STB or SJ by searching for "keywords".  In fact, brief experimentation
suggests that -findit- can find any phrase that is given in a program's
help file.

For example I submitted a program to calculate restricted cubic splines
to the RePEc data base.  To date, this program has not been described in
either STB or SJ.  However,
-findit cubic splines- finds the program without difficulty.  My help
file contains the phrase -implicitly specifies k knots located at xvar-
.  The command

-findit implicitly specifies k knots located at xvar-

immediately finds this program.  Hence, I infer that as long as authors
put appropriate keywords or phrases in their help file, users will be
able to find their programs using -findit-.

Incidentally, Ronna Cong does not mention conditional logistic
regression in her help file.  She does mention "Delta-Beta influence
statistics" and -findit- finds her program using this phrase.

I guess what I should have said was to urge all authors who contribute
programs to the Stata community to include lots of helpful keywords and
phrases in their documentation.  If I am correct that -findit- searches
all contributed help files for matches, then this fact is of value for
the Stata community to know.

Bill