st: Using the variables from one sw-result in another regression

From   Torbj�rn Lindquist <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using the variables from one sw-result in another regression
Date   Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:59:29 +0200

I am trying to identify the variables to used for matching. To do this I am using a method for identification of variables described in an article by de Luna and Waerenbaum (2005). They suggest that one should make an OLS regression of the outcome and use the significant variables in a probit on the treatment indicator. The variables that are significant in the last regression is affecting both treatment and outcome and they are therefor relatively good variables to include in the matching.

I use the sw command to see what variables passes the significance test. The question is, is there some way I can get the list of variables from the first regression into the second without having to type them in manually? It would help alot since I will do this for a large number of samples.

Regards
Torbj�rn Lindquist
PhD Student
Department of Economics