Re: st: Comparison of two or more observations

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Comparison of two or more observations
Date   Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:11:56 +0200

Sebastian wrote:

we have been entering lung function data over the course of the last
few month. To be able to identify mistyped data we have entered all
data twice. So for a patient who received a lung function measurement
on 12 Jan 2002 I have two observation holding all the data gained from
that measurement.
So is there any program out there that would help me with this task?

I would use EpiData, an excellent program for data entry, available for
free from Jens Lauritsen is the main author.

EpiData can import a Stata dataset and save it as an EpiData dataset
(The old EpiInfo format). Next, EpiData can compare two files
and give a nice report on discrepancies, thus precisely meeting
Sebastan's need.

EpiData can export to Stata format, among others.

Hope this helps

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark