st: Re: estimates store / gllamm

From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: estimates store / gllamm
Date   Thu, 06 Oct 2005 06:56:29 -0400

Check out estsave on SSC (findit estsave), it was written for exactly this problem. You may also be interested in eststo also on SSC.

Michael Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hans J. Baumgartner" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:36 AM
Subject: st: estimates store / gllamm

Dear Statalist,

I am using the command estimates store and estimates restore to avoid
estimating different models again and again. My problem now is that I am
estimating a model that takes quite a while and I would like to avoid
estimating it each morning. Is there any possibility to store estimates on
the hard-drive and restore it later?

gllamm y x
estimates store model_A
do something
estimates restore model_A
do further tests on model_A

Now I would like to do not only something within the session but to
terminate the session and carry on with my analysis on that sage later.

Thanks for any suggestions