st: estimates store / gllamm

From   "Hans J. Baumgartner" <>
Subject   st: estimates store / gllamm
Date   Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:36:42 +0200

Dear Statalist,

I am using the command estimates store and estimates restore to avoid
estimating different models again and again. My problem now is that I am
estimating a model that takes quite a while and I would like to avoid
estimating it each morning. Is there any possibility to store estimates on
the hard-drive and restore it later?

gllamm y x
estimates store model_A
do something
estimates restore model_A
do further tests on model_A

Now I would like to do not only something within the session but to
terminate the session and carry on with my analysis on that sage later.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hans J. Baumgartner
Dept. Public Economics
DIW Berlin