st: Re:

Subject   st: Re:
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:25:05 -0700 (PDT)

one suggestion:  the variables need to be consistent in terms of
characater vs. numeric.  i suggest you make both variables numeric; you
can change the character one to numeric via -destring- or the string
function -real- (see appropriate help files).  of course, if you have
leading zeros in your character variable, you may need to do some
additional manipulation.  following this, you can merge via -merge-.
again, see the help documentation, accessed via typing -help merge- in the
command window (w/out the dashes, of course).
hope this helps,