st: mprobit simulation

From   Manisha Shah <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mprobit simulation
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I think this didn't get sent out so let me send it again.

I am running a multinomial probit where I have 3 sectors an individual can
choose from and my key independent variable is enforcement. I run the
multinomial probit like this: mprobit sector enforcement, cluster(id)

Now I would like to conduct a policy experiment where I vary the levels of
enforcement to see how the predicted sectoral probabilities change. I do
not want to re-estimated the model. I want to use the estimated
coefficients to then answer questions like: If I change enforcement of all
women to zero (and keep all other vars the same), how does the sectoral
decision change. Any thoughts on how to esimate that?

Thanks in advance!
Manisha