RE: st: Multicollinearity in a simple Poisson model

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Multicollinearity in a simple Poisson model
Date   Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:42:19 +0100

Questions like this crop up quite frequently,
so search the archives.

A good simple starting-point is to consider that
multicollinearity is a collective property
of the covariates. How the response variable
is measured is at most a secondary issue.
(Translate to locally favored terminology.)

Richard Williams

> I am not sure why it is "not acceptable" in OLS.  How problematic
> multicollinearity is will depend on things like the sample size.  If
> multicollinearity is considered problematic for OLS, my guess is that
> it would also be considered problematic for other types of
> regression, such as Poisson.

ALICE DOBSON