st: reporting odds for N categories

From   Dan Exeter <>
Subject   st: reporting odds for N categories
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:14:25 +0100

Dear statalisters,

I have a cross sectional dataset which reports the health outcomes and covariate information for patients belonging to Z clinics.

I am trying to compare the performance (ie. % of patients in a clinic that failed health outcome) for each of the Z clinics, but can not find a way that I can produce results suitable for graphing from either the logistic or tabodds commands, as the reference group is, by default, the clinic with the lowest numeric ID.

How can I set the reference category to the mean, so that I can graph the odds of failing, controlling for A and B, for each of the Z clinics in the dataset?

Sorry in advance if this is a really silly question!

Dan Exeter. BA, MA(Hons), PhD.
Research Fellow
School of Geography and Geosciences
University of St Andrews