st: Panel Fixed effects collinearity problem

From   "Bradley, Steven W" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Panel Fixed effects collinearity problem
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:16:52 -0500

I would like to run a panel FE model as I am unconvinced that my disturbance variable is unrelated to my predictor variables (X).  However, I run into the problem of collinearity of several of my control variables with my panel id as they do not all change with time.  For example, I have an industry munificence control variable that was calculated for the full time period of my panel that is the same for all t.

Am I forced to run a RE model in this case?

My error is as follows:

independent variables are collinear with the panel variable orgnr

Thanks for your help.