st: xtmixed broken in Stata 9.1?

From   "Dr. Stephen Rothenberg" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtmixed broken in Stata 9.1?
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:50:50 -0500

Dear Stata folk:

I'm trying to run -xtmixed- in Stata 9.1 SE, Windows XP, after successfully using it in Stata 9.0.

I keep getting the same error message no matter what my model specs are (see below). Finally I tried copying Example 1 from the -xtmixed- section of the panel data manual.

I downloaded the "pig" data set used in the example and tried the code listed there:

. use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r9/pig
(Longitudinal analysis of pig weights)

. xtmixed weight week || id:
last estimates not found
r(301);

The "not found" error message is the same problem when I use my own data set.

Am I doing something dumb or is -xtmixed- broked in Stata 9.1?

Many thanks,
Steve Rothenberg
CINVESTAV-Merida
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico